Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter roses

It has been unseasonably cold here for the last month. I don't think it has been over 40 degrees for the last week. We are not in snow country...actually we are very near to the coast in California and we should have a temperate climate. We do get frost and winter fog occasionally. Most of our garden is looking sparse, but somehow, we still have blooms and buds on several of our rose bushes! They should be pruned soon soon...but I really want to enjoy the flowers we have left in the garden. I treasure each and every one of them.









Our lemons are looking very yellow and juicy. I think we can begin using them right away.



Today we stored away the last of our Christmas decorations and cleaned out the gutters...getting ready for the heavy rains we will receive in January and February. Tonight, we go out to dinner with close friends to a new Pizzeria/Wine Bar that opened last month. We can always use new places to eat in town.

A lesson learned.