This morning my friend and I took some time to inspect her irrigation system. She has had at least two people that I know of come to her home and repair/upgrade the system and she still has a large dry patch on her garden lawn. Her garden is so dry that a fertilizer application, which her plants need, would burn her lawn and plants.
I am by no means an expert on irrigation systems. I have learned our system by reading the manual and making multiple mistakes. Self-taught. But I thought, hey, maybe I can help my friend. The worst that could happen is that she would need to get the repairman back.
So there we were with the manual, trying to decipher her controller which has satellite uplinks, rain gauges and lots of buttons on the dial. We ran each zone and redirected the little spray heads, looked for problems, and discussed it each step of the way. There were two major problems, one being the large brown patch on the lawn. Come to find out that the sprinklers were not reaching the area. Now why didn't the two men she hired tell her about this? It was so blatantly evident what the problem was. Even irrigation newbies could see them problem.
My lesson learned for today is get to know the systems in your home, electrical, plumbing, irrigation, etc. It will save time and most importantly, MONEY!
No comments:
Post a Comment